Sunday, September 5, 2010

Problem Solved: Portable Vegan Coffee Creamer

This issue has been driving me nuts for oh, about a decade now. The two packet options that are available just really, really suck. And many restaurants do not serve soy milk here in Las Vegas--a woman cannot live on black coffee alone, no matter how cool the Black Flag song is. I finally got smart and tried the vegan powdered soy milk that is available at many health food stores, Better Than Milk. Works just fine, and the container is pretty big. You don't have to do any heroic stirring, either. I put a little bit in a resealable container, and I'm good to go. It would also be great for travelling, since it's a powder and they won't hassle you on the plane about it. I will be going to Boston in October for Expo East, and I was seriously dreading drinking black coffee for a week straight. Problem solved! I think every vegan is a little bit McGyver, a little bit rock-n-roll. Speaking of Expo East, I'm really looking forward to seeing one of my vegan inspirations, Alicia Silverstone, speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment